Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Wayleave Warden / Land Agent to join their Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Cheshire with UK wide projects.
- To arrange third party consents and submit formal applications as per the project programme and project team requirements. This may include Road and footpath closures with local authorities, planning applications for access routes off the public highway, applications to the Rivers and Canals trust etc.
- To communicate with Client Wayleave warden to secure agreed access and ascertain Grantor details and any specific requirements.
- To communicate on a daily basis with the Client and Project team regarding access to Grantor property, to keep the grantor informed of all required activities.
- To prepare weekly a grantor concerns schedule to inform all project staff of any specific access restrictions or requirements.
- To prepare a photographic / video record of condition prior to access to sites.
- To prepare a record of condition on completion of sites.
- All parties adhere to agreed wayleave and access routes.
- All parties adhere to any environmental restrictions and legislation.
- Land damage is minimised and recorded.
- Communication is maintained with landowners and / or land agents.
- Any deviation from site rules and company policy is reported to the site manager.
- Liaise with client Wayleave Officer, visiting every site accompanied by the Engineer and General Foreman to confirm land take areas, access to work positions and towers, discuss delivery methods, damage limitation and ensure any tree or shrub clearance requirements are added to the wayleave schedule and are cleared as required.
- Identify and mark any services taking information from drawings, markers, third party information and appropriate ground scanning techniques.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, Highways Agency, Police etc. where road/footpath closures or restrictions may be required.
- In conjunction with the Client Wayleave officer deal with daily issues regarding Grantors, access issues and change of Access routes.
- A procedure shall be established to indicate to the Project Team where change of access route has occurred (Red dot system on F10 board or similar).
- A system to control access maps shall be established to ensure up to date drawings are only ever used.
- Review all method statements and risk assessments that are specific to Wayleave activities.
- Update the locations board daily.
- The Wayleave Warden shall ensure visitors are inducted to the project & company
- Carry out MSR (Management Safety Representative) checks of working practices at site in conjunction with the site engineering team and H & S advisor.
- Landowners and grantors.
- Client clerk of works / Wayleave Warden / Land officer.
- Site Engineer and workforce.
- Environmental engineer / advisors.
- Local authorities.
- Highway Authorities.
- To operate in an open and consistent manner with all personnel across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential.
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. To listen to each other and share knowledge enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain.
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times. To always do what is right.
- To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
- Appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental knowledge and experience.
- Communication and negotiating skills are a key element for this role.
- Reasonable understanding of civil engineering and excavation works.
- Understanding of Agriculture and Grantor / land agent requirements.
- Underground / overhead utility knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of traffic management legislation.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Full driving license (maximum 6 points).