About the role
Our Tier 1 Client has an exciting opportunity for Site, Section or Senior Engineers to join their Regional team to work in Telford, Wrekin or Lichfield.
- To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress.
- Site engineering is a key part of the delivery of our projects. The increasing role of BIM in our projects it’s use as part of engineering is a key aspect of this role. The site engineer should therefore be technically capable but adaptable to the future changes with BIM, surveying technologies and digital construction.
What you'll be doing
As a Site or Senior Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Production of Task Briefing Sheets;
- Contribution to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce;
- Setting out from primary control provided by others;
- The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed;
- Production of accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs;
- Produces weekly measure;
- Take offs and schedules materials accurately, producing accurate and clear requisitions, following through to delivery.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately;
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
- Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, their teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.