Our Client has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor / QS/Contract manager who has a track record in managing all revenue in relation to service contracts from the initial calculations to the final figures. You will seek to minimise the costs of a project, maximise the revenue achieved and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Typically you will be a Chartered Member of a relevant institution.. You will have experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Analyses the commercial progress and report to senior project staff;
- Risk Awareness - Ensure Risk and opportunity schedule is reviewed and commercial risks / opportunities are understood and managed;
- Prepares procurement programme with procurement team and helps develop the strategy for the contract;
- Analyses rates & prices, agreement of variations and or compensation events as required;
- Prepares, submits and negotiates claims and contract variations when required;
- An expert in the understanding and development of the contracts allocated to them and to give regular Commercial Advice on all contract aspects to Project Teams;
- Prepares Internal reports, commercial progress and financial reconciliation.
While this is not a traditional construction Quantity Surveying role, this is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a driven commercial professional to work in a growing and high value-added business that delivers diverse and continually developing products and services to a wide range of global rail customers.
Who we're looking for
The following qualifications are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying, Contract Management or experience equivalent in a services environment, could be finance, legal, business or engineering qualified.
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
- Teamwork / Role Model;
- Achievement Focus (Achieving Results);
- Business and Customer Awareness;
- Applies organisational aims & objectives;
- Identifies with the customer needs;
- Recognises opportunities & threats.