We are recruiting for a Senior Planning Engineer to join a Power Transmission & Distribution business unit based in Derby. This role will report into the Planning Manager.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the planning and monitoring of all activities within the project programmes.
- Ensuring the delivery of weekly and monthly programme reports in line with the project reporting timetable.
- Maintaining an accurate fully logically linked programme in line with the contract requirements.
- Participating in the development of the planning team and promotion of best practices
- Managing the interface between the programme and the operational staff through structured meetings, programme and progress reporting.
Skills / Experience
- Proven experience of Planning Tools such as Primavera P6 - preferably on Power Transmission projects
- Significant Operational experience of complex large construction projects.
- Proven Experience of Project Management methodology
- Proven ability in working with engineering / operational teams to capture real time progress.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills.
Why work for our client
Day in, day out, their skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Their contracts range from £50,000 schemes to £100 million plus major projects. Their people are their biggest asset and they focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. They nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of their people at every level.
About the Team
Our Clients Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions. With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid their teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations. From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, their in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the world’s most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.