What you'll be doing
As a Senior Foundation Design / Geo technical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Project Teams to determine and maintain common objectives and to ensure work undertaken is appropriate and in accordance with project priorities. Liaise with appropriate personnel to achieve optimum installation procedures. Undertake site visits as necessary to plan and inspect foundation or geotechnical works.
- Embedding “Safety by Design” principles in all activities, including managing safety through appropriate life cycle designs that minimise risks to personnel and property, by ensuring that Health & Safety Regulations and our client’s procedures and requirements are followed in the design of foundation or geotechnical works.
- Analysing contract documents to ensure correct interpretation of customers/consultants intentions.
- Designing foundations and/or geotechnical works so that they may be supplied and constructed in accordance with contract documents and/or current practices.
- Undertaking geotechnical desktop assessments and foundation capacity checks including the interpretation of ground investigation information.
Who out client is looking for
You will have:
- The ability to undertake the geotechnical assessment of soils to British Standards and/or Eurocodes relevant Engineering Degree or Equivalent
- Health & safety knowledge
- The ability to undertake the design of reinforced concrete to British Standards and/or Eurocodes
- The ability to supervise and manage the production of foundation drawings
- Knowledge of CDM2015
Why work for our Client
Day in, day out, their skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Their contracts range from £50,000 schemes to £100 million plus major projects.