About the role
To lead, manage and co-ordinate all aspects of a bid ensuring that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in a manner consistent with the company’s Management System.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners and bid team
- Manage the opportunity pipeline, in conjunction with the Head of Work Winning and Delivery Unit Leadership teams.
- Support business development in winning business by developing and managing capture plans.
- Capable of managing multi-disciplinary proposals up to £50m
Work Winning Management:
- Manage the opportunity pipeline, in conjunction with the Head of Work Winning and Delivery Unit Leadership teams
- Develop a target for work winning, and ensure that it is achieved
- Provide forecast of likely mobilisation & delivery resource requirement associated with pipeline
- Achieving the target Win rate
- Propose and meet budget, achieving ROI (cost of win/profit).
- Ensure all opportunities have sufficient SHEQ resources assigned through the work winning lifecycle.
- Development of the capture plan
- Management of the capture plan and capture activities in close collaboration with business development
- Develop the proposal strategy and proposal plan
- Identify the resource requirements
- Manage the team which has been assembled for the proposal
- Manage delivery of the proposal to time and budget
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Previous experience of managing bid services within the engineering and construction sector
- Estimating and planning experience in construction
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Strong team planning and organisation skills
- Target focused, effective communicator both verbally and in writing
- Good knowledge of work winning best practice
- Experience with the principles of current public sector procurement;
- Experience of contractor environment and commercial imperatives
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. Customer centric in approach, with the ability to recognise potential opportunities in invitations to tender
- Team Management of proposals teams
- Knowledge of engineering project delivery in rail or related industries
- Knowledge of BIM best practice and 5D cost planning
- Experience of proposals/bidding in highly regulated environments