Resident Technician – Dartford, Kent
We are seeking four Maintenance Technicians to join a brand new site based in Dartford to provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, facilities management and software first line fix for our client's automated solution.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will ideally have an electrical qualification and looking to broaden your mechanical and software experience (i.e. PLC, Controls).
You'll have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced Resident Engineers and undergo training to broaden your skills, such as learning how to troubleshoot Controls/PLCs. As you'll be representing the company on site, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Comply with all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Work with a right-first-time mindset at all times
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
Skills & Experience required:
The ideal candidate will have an Electrical Qualification (i.e. Level 2/3 NVQ or City & Guilds). Furthermore, you will have experience of undertaking installations, planned and reactive maintenance in a previous role. As you will be on client-site, you'll need excellent communication skills and customer focus, as well as being able to work to a time-critical environment.
- Electrical qualification (NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds or equivalent).
- Planned and reactive maintenance experience.
- Able to work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Mechanical engineering experience or qualification.
- Have previously worked in an automated warehouse and have experience with maintaining conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles, etc.
Comprehensive benefits package which can include the following:
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus the option to buy an additional 5 days of flexible holiday
- On-site gym and wellness programme or 50% off gym memberships for our mobile/site-based employees
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount affinity scheme via youatwork
- Dress down Fridays
- Employee referral scheme
- Free parking
- Expat programme
- Free healthcare check-up