In a nutshell....This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global retailer high up within their Engineering Division.
You will come from a design background within refrigeration with experience of CO2 compressors.......If you do then please keep reading....
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
You will have accountability for creating the range of technical standards for Refrigeration. Working in partnership with the engineering service centre, design, installation / commissioning teams and external partners to interpret, understand and implement the standards to create value for customers to earn their life time loyalty.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Identify, prioritise opportunities in my product group area and set benchmarks for success.
• Design potential solutions define and deliver trials that are required and obtain results against a clear set of pre-defined benchmarks; I create the technical standard.
• Clearly set benchmarks for trials, check results against the benchmark.
• Champion, support and deliver changes within our business. I manage resistance to change positively to ensure the benefits are realised.
• Develop world class standards and specifications for my product group, which support the delivery of the annual business plan.
• Ensure that all cost implication for changes to standards (including non engineering equipment standards) are included in appropriate maintenance overlays.
• Work cross functionally in partnership with my peers and key stakeholders to ensure delivery of the technical standards.
• Ensure Corporate Purchasing have everything they need to procure equipment which meets the standards I specify and that we mutually drive and deliver a balanced better, simpler and cheaper approach.
• Ensure that the standards are approved, adhered to and proactively reflect legislative requirements.
• Seek feedback and invest time in my own personal development.
• Understand the equipment performance, identify and explore the root cause issues and make recommendations which inform short, medium and long term plans.
• Make time to coach, guide and give feedback to corporate purchasing and external to build their capability, I find appropriate opportunities to help them to learn and develop.
• Champion the consistent application of agreed ways of working, policies and processes; I highlight opportunities for improvement.
• Explore and identify ways to drive continuous improvement within my product group; I identify ways to deliver better, simpler and cheaper solutions; which take into consideration the impact on the entire Property Steering Wheel.
• Ensure quality is the key focus of all actions applicable to technical standards; I identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations which improve the “shopping Trip”.
• Develop productive relationships with industry experts, colleagues and stakeholders (Retail and Property), I energise and influence others to get the job done and deliver great results.
• Educate all relevant stakeholders in the correct application of technical standards for my product group.
Essential - HND or equivalent degree qualification
Desirable - Chartered Engineer
• Proven experience in building services, energy management or maintenance
• Significant proven experience in multi site retail environment
• Good understanding of current and anticipated environment legislation
• Set standards for developing buildings
• Manage property finance