We are looking for a diligent, energetic and proven Quantity Surveyor for one of the world’s leading construction companies. As a member of the Commercial/ Financial Team the successful candidate would be responsible for:
• Working with business stakeholders (colleagues, customers, supply chain) to support the effective and efficient delivery of the commercial objectives of the business.
• Assisting fellow Senior Quantity Surveyors in managing the commercial aspects of the appointed contract(s), contributing to the overall strategy and performance of the contract to meet agreed business & service objectives.
• Reporting to the Commercial and Finance Manager.
With an enthusiastic and innovative approach to Quantity Surveying the successful candidate would be charged with not only delivering improvements to customer experience but also:
• Assisting the Finance and Commercial Manager to further develop the contract commercial strategy, safeguarding the commercial position of the company.
• Understanding the contract requirements and tender strategy, and operate to its requirements.
• Coach, support and develop operational colleagues in contractual and commercial requirements.
• Operate to the company’s values.
• Ensure that the commercial aims of the business are followed with regard for required processes.
• Develop agreements with supply chain partners in order to benefit the relationship and our contract and the wider company business.
• Promote the winning of additional profitable business with existing clients and prospective customers.
We are looking for an ambitious and excellent communicator to promote the company’s vision and values with experience of Quantity Surveying along with a drive and passion for delivering to deadlines. Together with an enthusiastic, ambitious nature and the desire to learn, the role is an ideal position to collaborate and grow within a forward thinking and market leading company.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Demonstrable experience of making a material contribution to improving the returns on contracts.
• Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Desire to develop and motivated to achieving targets.
• Flexible attitude.
• Values Integrity, teamwork, excellence and respect in others
• Preferably chartered to RICS or ICES, or working towards chartership.
• Detailed experience and understanding of the NEC3 contract, and applied local variations.
• An understanding of the practices and methods when working in the public realm environment.
• PC literate and knowledge of MS suite i.e. Word, Excel etc.
• Familiar with some form of commercial/costing systems.