About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor and Senior Quantity Surveyor- Rail Plant to join their Rail team to work
They are a Plant hire business to the Rail Industry and this role manages a number of their business units supplying that plant. The role is to provide the commercial service to those business units to ensure the Plant Business achieves its targets for revenue / profit / cost recovery whilst operating within the contracts and arrangements put in place securing the plant to work. Contracts will vary from £10k up to £5.0m and there are a fair number of contracts / proposals to prepare, negotiate and execute – amounting to up to £25m per annum.
What you'll be doing
The right candidate will be expected to showcase proven commercial skills as this is not a standalone role.
Excellent attention to detail is paramount for this position - All contracts must be compliant. Once a month certain Commercial team members will meet with the MD of Rail which is extremely important within this position; they will present themselves well, be articulate and understand when to go into detail or summarise.
Who our client is looking for
The ideal individual
• Strong proven Commercial background
• Positive Attitude – This is key to the performance of the successful candidate
• Excellent Work Ethic –
• Attention to detail is paramount for this position, must get things right first time, no room for error
• Team Player – Integrate and Interact well with all team members through to stakeholders/customer
• Be flexible in approach
• Rail & or Plant experience would be extremely advantageous
The individual will also be able to spot successful opportunities for company Plant to buy in new equipment:
• See an opportunity to buy in own kit
• Create Business Case and secure funding
• Be a part of the procurement of new Equipment and holding equipment suppliers to account
• Contract with the customer to hire new plant out
• Report back on investment success