Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Water business unit to work in Peterborough on a joint venture.
The collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors work together to deliver more than half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
The team will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion between April 2015 and March 2020, known as AMP6 – the current five year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2015 to 2020, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project or group of projects as designated by the Project Commercial Manager
- Provide an estimating service & / or assist the programme area estimating team to ensure robust estimates are provided that align to scope & make allowance for all risks & opportunities including any necessary analysis, transfer of data to CCMS & the Cost Base
- Ensure subcontracts are properly managed in accordance with contractrequirements including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, compensation events, programme submissions etc., that all contract files are maintained & kept up to date
- Work closely with the procurement team & PDM to develop & monitor procurement strategy.
- Responsible for developing procurement schedule and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services in line with solution cost estimate allowances & programme
Why work for Our Client
Day in, day out, their teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Based in Peterborough, with good transport links from Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland, the roles include all engineering disciplines, quantity surveyors, project delivery managers plus many more.
The contract is based from an integrated office at Peterborough offering a collaborative, innovative and unique working environment with a subsidised café, free parking and teams focused on the customers they serve within the Anglian Water region.
The collaborative working environment allows the teams to develop many technical and personal skills to enhance future personal opportunities within the alliance project.