We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our clients Utilities project to work across the Thames Region. Provide commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams. Provide commercial guidance at various phases of a project
What you'll be doing
- Cost and Value management
- Assist with preparation, maintenance and agreement of Project accounts
- Assist with providing commercial and financial reporting information
- Ensure compliance with eight20 standards and procedures in respect of Commercial activities
- Subcontract procurement and management
- Assist with claims management
- Assist with control of project documentation
- Provide Management Information for Senior QS, MQS & Commercial Manager
- Provide support to commercial management where required
- Recording and assisting with management of change
- Management and Procurement of Subcontractors in accordance with the company procedures
- Ensure that sub-contract payments are calculated in accordance with procedures and legislation
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues
- Working in compliance with the contract management tools ie…. Cemar, IFS or any such other management tool as required.
- Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Management.
Who we're looking for
- A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
- Self-motivated and confident
- Financially astute
- Good communication skills
- A good decision maker who copes well under pressure
- Relevant CSCS Card
About our client
They are a global company with fantastic, leading edge projects. They offer great opportunities for career and personal development.
Our client’s reputation gives their customers, employees, partners, suppliers, investors and the many communities that they serve the confidence to trust them and do business with them. Their values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect are essential in helping to guide their employees and the way that they behave.
Our client has formed a Joint Venture which brings great leadership, people, processes and systems to support the co-creation of Thames Water’s business plan and ensure the successful delivery of AMP6.