Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Projects Commercial Manager to join their Water business unit to work in Peterborough.
The role will be part of a JV that will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion between April 2015 and March 2020, known as AMP6 – the current five year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2015 to 2020, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water.
As a Projects Commercial Manager you will:
- Manage the procurement processes including ensuring that all strategies are developed and agreed and that tender processes including invitation, return and negotiation are followed correctly
- Make sure that subcontracts are properly prepared and that they reflect the agreed scope
- Make sure that subcontracts are properly managed in accordance with contract requirements including compliance with all responses to communications, including payments compensation events, programme submissions, etc., and that all contract files are maintained and kept up to date
- Be proactive in the management of project and programme risks including ensuring that mitigation plans are in place and implemented
- Ensure that proper records are kept so that all financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available
Why work for our client
Day in, day out, our clients teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Based in Peterborough, with good transport links from Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland, the roles include all engineering disciplines, quantity surveyors, project delivery managers plus many more.
The contract is based from an integrated office at Peterborough offering a collaborative, innovative and unique working environment with a subsidised café, free parking and teams focused on the customers served within the Anglian Water region.
The collaborative working environment allows their teams to develop many technical and personal skills to enhance future personal opportunities within the alliance project.