Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their Substations Team within their Power Transmission & Distribution business. The role will be a UK based role which could cover all areas of the UK based out of Derby Office.
Our client has a strong history in the Transmission and Distribution Sector with the capability to provide integrated delivery solution for substations, cabling and OHL to their clients.
They are one of the leading high voltage substation suppliers in the UK, with specialist expertise in all aspects of substation delivery. Projects are delivered under various forms of contracts including EPC.
Their in-house design, operational and programme management teams manufacture, install, test and commission substations. This includes extra high voltage (EHV) and high voltage (HV) substations, and all associated civil engineering and infrastructure works.
They offer switchgear and automation products from a range of manufacturers, supporting bespoke project requirements. This includes control and protection systems, substation computer control systems and switchgear support structures
They are looking for an experienced Substation Project Manager to join their Team to delivery projects in England and Wales
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Ultimately responsible for overall profit and loss of a project whilst ensuring the highest standards of safety, sustainability, environmental and quality are implemented.
- To maintain a collaborative working environment which ensures client, internal and other stakeholders’ requirements are effectively managed, and employees feel motivated and engaged to deliver.
- To support in the winning of a number of projects in accordance with the Power T&D Strategic Plan
What you'll be doing
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Contract Managers and Support Functions to deliver your project(s) and enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business;
- Planning, controlling and managing the delivery of project your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality;
- Instil a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project team(s) to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership;
- Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance;
- Lead on developing a high-performance culture of one team;
- Leading on employee relations casework including performance management, disciplinaries and grievances;
- Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it;
- Support of the tender process;
- Responsible for the identification and specification of resource requirements for project delivery, securing the required resource through the submission for formal requests to the central resourcing team;
- Constantly seeking out talent for the future;
- Day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring.
Who they are looking for:
The following personal qualities and experience are required: -
- Proven experience at Project Management Level;
- Experience of Management and Delivery of Overhead Line, Cabling or Substation schemes up to 400kV preferable;
- Strong People Management;
- Proven track record in tendering and managing standard/major projects, including sub-contractors;
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems.