Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join their Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Bridgwater.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for: -
- Supporting the Senior Project Manager / Project Manager in their responsibility for overall profit and loss of a project of a standard project whilst ensuring the highest standards of safety, sustainability, environmental and quality are implemented.
- Taking ultimate responsibility for overall profit and loss of a project whilst ensuring the highest standards of safety, sustainability, environmental and quality are implemented.
- Supporting and promote a collaborative working environment which ensures client, internal and other stakeholders’ requirements are effectively managed, and employees feel motivated and engaged to deliver.
- Supporting in the winning of a number of projects in accordance with the Power T&D Strategic Plan as necessary
What you’ll be doing – As a Project Engineer you will:
- Support the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager to work collaboratively with the Contract Managers and Support Functions to deliver your project(s) and enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business;
- Support the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in planning, controlling and managing the delivery of project your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality;
- Prepare Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Task briefings to ensure a Safe System of Work;
- Instil a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project team(s) to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership;
- Report all accidents, dangerous occurrences; and near miss incidents onto the company system;
- Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance;
- Ensure that all works are carried out in line with CDM and Temporary Works regulations;
- Support the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager lead on developing a high-performance culture of one team;
- Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it;
- Support the tender process;
- Constantly seek out talent for the future;
- Support the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in the day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring.
Who we are looking for - The following experience and qualifications are required: -
- Experience of supporting delivery of Delivery of Overhead Line preferable;
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management methodology;
- Strong People Management skills;
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross functional teams towards solutions;
- Further Education in an Engineering Discipline (Desirable).