The M&E Shift Engineer will work closely with the Engineering Supervisor to deliver M&E planned and reactive maintenance to engineering systems and services installed at various sites.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To deliver safe and effective operation and maintenance of the M&E systems, equipment and plant to ensure that optimum efficiency, reliability and system availability is maintained. This is to be in accordance with Health & Safety, Statutory requirements, industry standards and laid down engineering processes and procedures.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
• Ensure compliance with all contract processes and procedures, statutory requirements, engineering standards and Health & Safety systems
• Operate and maintain M&E engineering systems, equipment and plant as instructed, ensuring that operational standards, process and procedures are followed
• Carry out assigned routine maintenance & reactive tasks in a timely and professional manner in accordance with laid down maintenance schedules and procedures as directed by the Engineering Supervisor or Territory Technical Manager. This includes general building fabric and plumbing related tasks as required
• Fault analysis and defect rectification of M&E systems, plant and equipment using manufactures drawings and documentation as required
• Ensure that building engineering systems and equipment are operational and functioning at optimum efficiency. Communicate all abnormal critical plant conditions as appropriate and ensure that high standards of plant room housekeeping and cleanliness is maintained
• Ensure Site Activity Log Books are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained in accordance with procedures
• Monitoring of the Water Treatment Maintenance & Hygiene Program and Fire Precautions Log to ensure compliance that all maintenance tasks are completed and that all control parameters are satisfactorily maintained
• Support the Engineering Supervisor and Territory Technical Manager with the development and implementation of engineering operational process and procedures as required and directed
• Provide engineering support for project related works
• As required review Specialist Service Providers service reports and identify to the Engineering Supervisor all remedial follow-up works. Also to ensure that all correspondence, records and files are maintained and that good office practise is maintained
• Undertake Job Safety Reviews by reviewing Specialist Service Providers risk assessments and method statements and supervise, control and monitor all Specialist Service Providers work activities during normal working hours
• Operation and control of any of the locations Building Management Systems (BMS), to ensure the optimum operation, control and efficiency of all plant and systems
• To form part of existing contract emergency call out engineering cover to various named properties and to provide additional engineering support and assistance during major shut down works as required.
• Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks, within the scope of the function
• Delivers activities to support operational objectives for their role
• Inputs to planning activities with horizons of typically up to 6 months
• Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
• Interacts with client or users around specific work efforts and deliverables
• Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
• Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
• Focus of work on the completion of a set of related tasks for a particular section or service with the ability to accommodate new tasks.
• Identifies ways to reduce cost
• Work within a given budget, usually without authorised spend of their own.
• Required to supervise a small team
• Co-ordinates available resource to deal with the work in hand
• Required to assist less experienced staff
• Responsible for performance management issues and recommending disciplinary actions.
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
• HNC Level or equivalent
• Working knowledge of one functional area through job experience & training
• Likely to have 2-5 years business experience, be a minimum part-qualified professional, and have a Certificate Level of Qualification as a minimum.
People Success Factors:
• Planning & Organising
• Achieving and Doing
• Building Relationships
• Delivery through People
• Business Awareness
• Customer Focus
• Contributing to Continuous Improvement
• Dealing with Change
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
• ONC Level or equivalent relevant knowledge and experience in building services or an equivalent M&E discipline.
• Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental requirements related to delivery of the services.
• Minimum three years experience in building services maintenance skilled trade in a similar environment.
• Computer literate.
• Able to write engineering related reports.
• Corgi Qualifications
• Refrigerant Handling Qualifications.
• May be appointed to fulfil a role in managing aspects of Safe Systems of Work.
All details are provided for guidance only, and do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job. Employment terms are provided within offers of employment.