We have 4 Maintenance Technicians vacancies to join a brand new site based in Dartford to provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, facilities management and software first line fix for our client's automated solution. To be considered for this opportunity, you will ideally have an electrical qualification and looking to broaden your mechanical and software experience (i.e. PLC, Controls).
You will work with a team of experienced Resident Engineers and undergo training to broaden your skills including learning how to troubleshoot Controls/PLCs. As you'll be representing the company on site, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Comply with all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Work with a right-first-time mindset at all times
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
Skills & Experience
- Electrical qualification (NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds or equivalent)
- Experience of installations
- Planned and reactive maintenance experience
- Able to work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Mechanical engineering experience or qualification.
- Have previously worked in an automated warehouse and have experience with maintaining conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles, etc.