About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join our Hinkley C Major Projects team in Avonmouth.
What you'll be doing
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for keeping the Avonmouth site PPVMP current
- To co-ordinate and manage transport & materials stock, ensuring all administration procedures are followed, maximising stock turns and ensuring accurate stock management
- To ensure all materials, consumables and plant leave the depot(s) with all the correct information having been administrated
- Ensure Logistics attend regular meetings with operations to maximise communication with the internal customer to improve planning and collaboration
- Manage costs in line with agreed budget. Making efficiency savings where ever possible.
- To manage site Logistics team and external suppliers (principally hauliers)
- Manage, monitor & control staff in a fair and efficient manner following company guidelines and procedures
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Company Safety Rules, Health & Safety Legislation and Environmental Standards
- Support activities to include the correct use and audit of the IT systems, co-ordination of GRN’s, calibration etc.
- Responsible person for the storage facilities and associated plants ensuring, environmental and safety compliance
- ensure plant levels are sustained at a satisfactory level within the Logistics depots (principally haulage and gantry cranes) ensuring all administration procedures and statutory checks are followed
- Administrate all plant locally and in regional and remote locations
- Manage a team Receiving and evaluating requests from site personnel for goods and services via telephone and email
- Assist the contract in optimising plant utilisation and minimising costs
- Provide the contract with Management Information on the usage of the plant, stock levels etc.
- To ensure all operational and company procedures are adhered to and utilise the companies BMS
Who we're looking for
- Logistics management experience in a large scale, heavy civils major project environment
- Good understanding or Health & Safety and Quality Assurance
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our clients design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation