About the role
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Highways Design Engineer to join their business unit to work in Southampton.
The Design Engineer role will work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to develop concept and feasibility solutions to truly place shaping, transformational projects. Supporting customers and colleagues to develop innovative, sustainable design solutions to help secure funding opportunities secure pipeline projects and provide “shovel ready” projects. These projects could be public realm, transport and traffic, accessibility or regeneration schemes;
- The engineer will deliver professional services in a range of situations to meet professional standards, customer needs and business needs and expectations. The role will blend technical design engineering with a creative approach to reshaping the places in which we work.
What you'll be doing
As a Highways Design Engineer, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of projects made up of a number of work packages, coordinate the activities of a number of engineers and other staff;
- Ensure that all designs and engineering work is carried out in compliance with industry, customer and business standards, conventions and quality/safety requirements and legislation;
- Develop awareness of relevant current and emerging design methods/standards and evidence of the benefits they may offer to design objectives;
- Develop new solutions, and build/extend a catalogue of standard solutions to design and construction problems and challenges;
- Use all available tools to explore opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions where appropriate;
- Ensure that all contributions are fully carried out compliant with company health, safety and environmental requirements and policy;
- Ensure Health and Safety risks are designed out where possible and where not possible, these risks are minimised;
- Ensure complete and thorough communication of all risk at every stage of delivery.
Who they’re looking for
- Be a professionally trained and qualified engineer with an excellent creative capability;
- Be experienced in budget management, staff management etc or suitable relevant experience;
- Have demonstrable evidence of previous works and a project management qualification would be preferred.
Why work for our Client
Day in, day out, their teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.