Main Purpose of the Role
- To mobilise the FM contract.
- To ensure a high level of service delivery is delivered to the client in line with the agreed SLA and contract deliverables.
- To develop and maintain excellent client and other stakeholder relationships, fostering a proactive “can-do” attitude in all daily undertakings.
- Ensure the contract is statutory and contractually compliant at all times.
- Manage all financial matters with the management account to ensure that costs are controlled and the agreed levels of profit are achieved.
- Ensure that all staff are trained and competent to complete their duties in a safe and professional manner.
- Provide reports in line with the contract requirements to the SPV and the client’s Ltd board.
- Manage Commercial aspects of the contract.
- Project manage project works activities to successful resolution.
- Provide management and oversight into the deployment of resources and tasks in line with the SLA’s and agreed working procedures.
- Liaise with the Client and SPV (and their supply chain where relevant) on the programming of works or associated activities.
- Provide regular reports as required by contract or as request from the SPV or UoS.
- Interface with finance team to enable budget and accounts to be monitored and reported.
- Interface with the Supply chain to ensure required works are undertaken where required.
- Ensure that processes associated to claims for student damage, temporary repair plans and other associated matters are undertaken within contract parameters.
- Provide Commercial Leadership to the team.
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are achieved and recorded to prove compliance.
- Ensure all matters relating to Health and Safety are applied and maintain the standards of Zero Harm.
- Manage the process of sub-contractor procurement.
- Manage and co-ordinate works against agreed timelines.
- Holds as a minimum a HND or Degree level qualification in building service engineering, construction or facilities management related qualification.
- Experience and knowledge of PFI /PPP schemes and contractual obligations and sensitivities (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in providing facilities management services in a University environment highly regarded but not essential.
- Experienced Contract / Account Manager.
- Experience of interfacing with a demanding client
- Ability to manage diverse works and associated supply chain activities
- Independent, confident and easy to address.
- Effective communicator with well-developed report writing and presentation skills.
- Energetic, hardworking and resilient.
- Ability to manage supply chain matters