About the role
You will support the implementation and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered to meet project requirements and are in line with cost parameters. You will do this by providing design input and cost effective solutions.
The role requires an individual with proven experience in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
Leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus. Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. The individual will know ‘what good looks like’ in bid submissions and work winning and have hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the development and implementation of design proposals, ensuring that they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, & presenting proposals for approval to the customer.
- Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
- Provide advice and guidance on the “buildability” of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
- Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required – such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
- Support the Safety by Design & Engineering forum or other similar forums, representing the business stream, as required
Requirements / Skills required
- Good working knowledge of BIM (required)
- Proven experience in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
- The ability to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Know ‘what good looks like’ in bid submissions and have hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner.
- Good experience within the most current forms of procurement.
- Hold a relevant professional membership with an appropriate institute, e.g. RIBA, BIBSE, IET.
- A valid CSCS card (required)
- Excellent IT Skills relevant to the Business Stream, whilst the ability to use Microsoft Office is essential.
- Desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant Business Stream.
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material, applicable to the Business Stream.
- Numeracy and bid/report writing is a requirement.
This role could be based in either Langley or Basingstoke depending the candidate.