About the role
Our client is a leading specialist contractor undertaking repair, strengthening, refurbishment and protection of civil and building structures throughout the UK.
Their work includes road and rail bridges, tunnels, highways, marine structures, power stations, water treatment works, multi-storey car parks, residential and commercial buildings, and heritage structures. Working on projects ranging from £100k to £5m in value.
- Management of internal resource and subcontractors
- Ensure that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract drawings,
- specification and Project Management Plan
- Manage site dimensional control ensuring that contractors have the facilities for
- setting out of the works
- Produce and review construction methods statements ensuring that the works
- are constructed efficiently and safely
- Produce all site documentation for delivery of the works including PMP, PVPMP,
- ITP, Construction Phase Management Plan etc as required
- Develop then work to programmes, measuring progress and productivity outputs
- Understand and apply the procedures and processes detailed in the project
- Health, Safety and Environmental plans, and to promote a safe working culture
- Ensuring the works are undertaken safely and in accordance with Health, Safety &
- Environmental legislation and the site HS&E plans. Prepare and review risk
- Support and drive behavioural safety on site
- To be responsible for the monitoring, progress reporting and achieving of goals
- for the work under his/her responsibility
- Anticipating and resolving problems, in particular related to engineering issues.
- Managing construction records, O&M manuals and as built drawings
Personal Qualities and Experience
- Experience in delivery of structural repair/specialist repair projects
- Experience of working on Infrastructure schemes
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent preferable
- Ability to manage multiple teams efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple scheme costs
- Ability to manage Health and Safety including Behavioural Safety
- Ability to lead, communicate and influence others to deliver targets
This role will be working UK wide (travel & accommodation paid). Weekend and evening shifts will form part of this role with overtime arrangements available.