Affordable Warmth Contract Delivery Manager (Contractor)
• Location - Field based, working from home covering the local area
• Excellent rates of pay
With a clear focus on the commercial aims of the company, you will deliver energy efficient solutions to our customers. As one of our valued Contracted Affordable Warmth Contract Delivery Managers, you will manage a team of field based engineers, contractors and surveyors delivering high quality installation of central heating systems, the replacement of gas boilers and heating controls covered under the ECO campaign. Provide low carbon solutions and products to the highest standards with excellent levels of customer satisfaction in order to meet personal and team targets.
Working as part of a team and reporting to an Affordable Warmth Area Operations Manager, you will assist in meeting the company’s energy obligation in carbon reduction. Working with the minimum of supervision, your accountabilities include the following:-
• To manage a team of field based installation engineers, contractors and surveyors (and Apprentices/Trainees) plus ancillary trades personnel installing central heating systems and boiler replacements.
• To ensure the standards and targets set for excellence, customer satisfaction, productivity and cost control of labour, contractors and other resources are fully met.
• To control the flow of paperwork (manual and electronic) ensuring that it is completed properly and promptly to ensure that billing can be updated on a frequent and regular basis.
• To forecast and meet manpower requirements in line with the planning process ensuring an effective manpower/workload match and that productivity target / quality standards are met.
• Ensure that day to day operational problems which impact on service delivery are met, identified and resolved through working with the Contact Centre, Field Support, NDC, Fleet Services, other specialist support services, contractors and suppliers.
• To undertake Health & Safety Inspections in accordance with company policy/the contract. Ensure quality control is carried out so that all work complies with current codes, Gas Safety Regulations and Standards. Liaise with bodies such as HSE and GAS SAFE where necessary.
• Use information gained through day-to-day supervision, quality control and KPIs to improve business processes.
• To ensure that engineers' time sheets/other technical resource paperwork are completed correctly and submitted on a regular basis to ensure the efficiency of the patch/organisation can be properly monitored.
• To identify improvements to working practices and adopt ‘best practice' within the business to maximise profitability.
• To comply with the requirements of HR in ensuring that their policies are implemented and particularly in relation to performance appraisals, training needs starters, leavers and employee sickness. Carry out any disciplinary fact finding investigations to assist in the disciplinary process. •
• To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders involved in the Affordable Warmth Project.
• Develop and maintain customer relations and resolve customer complaints, including negotiation / settlement of compensation and insurance within laid down parameters, so as to improve the company’s image. Take action to identify and address the cause for complaint so that repetition is minimised.
Your main aim is to safely achieve high customer service, profitably meet our carbon reduction targets and performance standards set by Management. Therefore, you will offer excellent communication skills coupled with a positive and self-reliant attitude towards the delivery of excellent customer service.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• City & Guilds Gas Fitting or
• City & Guilds Gas Service Engineer or
• NVQ Level 3 Gas Service Engineer and
• ACS Certified
• Must be Gas Safe registered
• Must have own vehicle
• Must have experience in gas central heating installations in domestic properties
• Experience of service provision directly to the customer, preferably in the customers home
• Demonstrable good planning, organising and self-management skills
• Demonstrable technical knowledge of gas central heating systems
• Computer literate, with experience in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to listen to our customers and ensure we meet their requirements
• Discipline to be a home based worker
• You will need to hold a full drivers licence valid for use within the UK
You must also have the Right to Work in the UK, be willing to provide a basic Disclosure (CRB) check that is no more than 3 months old prior to starting with us & have a minimum of £2M Public Liability Insurance.
Once you have submitted your application you can expect to hear from a member of our team within 3 working days. If you have not heard within this time or you have any queries please contact James Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org