We are currently looking for a Carpenter to join our clients Facilities Maintenance team based at the University of Sussex in Brighton.
In this varied and interesting role you will be responsible for supporting the East Slope FM team in the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance of student accommodation.
As an onsite Carpenter you will
- Carry out reactive repairs and maintenance of interior and exterior finishes including windows, doors, ironmongery, skirtings, facings, ceilings, floor coverings ,furniture, shelving and reception counters
- Liaise with the University, construction team and contractors establishing strong relationships with key stake holders
- Inspect and witness the construction site as it develops and become familiar with the infrastructure which in turn will assist during the operational delivery period
- Be on call as part of an established rota and attend call outs as necessary
- Complete refurbishment / installation works including doors, door sets, window frames, staircases, stud partitions, ceilings
- Make and fit interiors in offices and public facing areas
Experience / Qualifications
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 Joinery or city and guilds equivalent
- Hold a valid CSCS Skills-card
- Preferably hold a SSSTS or SMSTS
- Have had previous experience in a similar role
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Good knowledge of the Health and Safety legislation