This position is working directly on behalf of a massive telecommunications organisation - please give me a call or drop me an email for more information on 0116 216 0080 or email@example.com.
The Building Reactive Maintenance Technician (BRM) will work with the wider technical team in the territory/region as directed by the TTM to deliver reactive maintenance to building fabric and specific engineering systems and services installed at various sites.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To deliver safe and effective reactive maintenance to building fabric and specific engineering systems to ensure that optimum efficiency, reliability and system availability is maintained. This is to be in accordance with Health & Safety, Statutory requirements, industry standards and laid down engineering processes and procedures.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
• Ensure compliance with all contract processes and procedures, statutory requirements, engineering standards and Health & Safety systems are followed
• Provide a reactive maintenance service to engineering systems as instructed, ensuring that operational standards, process and procedures are followed
• Carry out assigned routine maintenance & reactive tasks in a timely and professional manner in accordance with laid down maintenance schedules and procedures as directed by the Technical Services Team Leader or Territory Technical Manager. This includes general building fabric and plumbing related tasks as required
• Communicate all abnormal plant conditions as appropriate and ensure that high standards of plant room housekeeping and cleanliness is maintained
• Ensure that all relevant correspondence, records and files are maintained and that good office practise is maintained
• Ensure Site Activity Log Books are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained in accordance with procedures
• Support the Technical Services Team Leader and Territory Technical Manager with the development and implementation of engineering operational process and procedures as required and directed
• To form part of existing contract emergency call out engineering cover to various named properties and to provide additional engineering support and assistance during major shut down works as required
• Will assist with access for contractors as directed by TTM or Area Managers
• Will assist with Fire door and Fire Safety Inspections as directed by TTM or Area Managers
• Responsible for the upkeep of company vehicles and conducting inspections and checks as required
• Ensure all expenditure on Purchase cards is carefully accounted for on monthly returns.
• Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
• Acts as part of a team to delivers activities which support operational objectives
• Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
• Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
• Maybe subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
• Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
• Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
• Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility.
• Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
• Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
• May work within a given budget.
• May supervise a small team- typically spending more than 50% of time supervising
• Able to organise a small team of individuals carrying out similar tasks
• May assist less experienced staff
• Manages the delivery of a team and escalates individual performance issues.
KNOWLEDGE & APPLIED SKILLS
• For non-supervisory roles performs skilled work requiring technical training (NVQ3 or equivalent)
• Up to 3 years business experience, Level 3 NVQ or Certificate Level of Qualification. Graduate entry point.
People Success Factors:
• Planning & Organising
• Achieving and Doing
• Building Relationships
• Delivery through People
• Business Awareness
• Customer Focus
• Contributing to Continuous Improvement
• Dealing with Change
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Must have a range of technical skills such as, carpentry, plumbing, painting, general handyman skills etc
• Appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental requirements related to delivery of the assigned tasks
• Able to complete documentation as required by delivery of the services
• Will need to be available to respond to out of hour’s calls and emergencies. Will be asked to work on OOH rota
• Full UK driving licence required.