• Excellent rates of pay
• Location – Travel in and around the Leicester area
• Full time contract for 3 years
Working as part of the Installation Team you will be working closely with the Contract Manager and the Clerk of Works for Leicester City Council. You will be a key point of contact for tenants whilst helping to deliver installation volumes to a high standard, safely and on time. This may include plastering, tiling and joinery works.
As a General Builder, your primary responsibility is to ensure the residents welfare is a key priority and they are aware of the works being carried out. You will need to ensure that service targets are met while arranging access appointments through written, oral and site visits. This will involve effective communication with residents and management.
Working closely with the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining the KPI’s for the contract.
Due to the nature of this position it may be necessary for the post holder to work out of core hours subject to the demands of the contract.
• Accompany engineers to properties where installations may be an issue
• Liaise with local residents’ groups to highlight the importance of HSE and electrical safety, and to seek their feedback on our processes
• Planning of installations for the Installation Team
• Proactively help reduce HSE incidents and accidents
• Carry out site visits, as directed by the team, to arrange service appointments
• Liaise with customers to ensure that any special requirements are identified and catered for
• Actively seek ways to improve performance and reduce complaints in line with company guidelines
• General building experience essential
• Full manual driving licence
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to communicate at all levels
• Compassionate and proactive in order to support customers to allow the programme to run smoothly
You must also have the Right to Work in the UK and be willing to provide a basic Disclosure (CRB) check that is no more than 3 months old prior to starting with us.
Once you have submitted your application you can expect to hear from a member of our team within 3 working days. If you have not heard within this time or you have any queries please contact us on 0116 216 0080.