About the role
We are looking for a BIM Manager to work across numerous high profile projects within the south and midlands, based out of hub offices within Cheadle or Birmingham. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to gain valuable experience working on prestigious high value projects. It is anticipated that this role will initially be focussed on 1 or 2 projects but develop into a regional BIM management role as the team expands.
What you'll be doing
Responsible at construction stage for the range of activities involved in the project BIM life cycle which may include:
- Responsible for implementing BIM & Digital Construction standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) is managed and maintained in accordance with the procedures
- Liaise with Consultants and Subcontractors to ascertain their BIM capability.
- Manage the integration of incoming models from design teams and subcontractors, including structure, architecture with our MEP models.
- Monitor and report against progress, status and quality of model development inline with the MDPT.
- Develop from 2D drawings & sketches BIM models for the design, estimating, and planning teams.
- Produce models for 3D, 4D and 5D exercises and produce relevant animations, images and reports from the models.
- Develop and manage the Revit to offsite manufacture drawing process communicating the benefits of BIM to internal and external project teams.
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues.
Responsible at construction stage for the range of activities involved in the project Digital Construction life cycle which may include:
- Responsible for implementing Digital Construction standards, policies and Managing Field technologies including Autodesk BIM Field 360.
- Managing project iPads and the various digital construction Apps used on site.
- Support our IT department in implementing IT on site.
- Set up appropriate lean visual metrics to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
- In addition to the above you will be accountable to the Digital Construction Lead for:
- Assisting in implementing and development of BIM procedures.
- Provide support, as required to meet the project & business requirements.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of CSUK’s Sustainability activities
Who we're looking for
- A technically proficient BIM technician who is able to work to their own initiative, and is willing to learn about BIM and Digital construction on high value construction projects.
- Experience of BIM and Digital Construction within the construction and engineering industry.
- Excellent experience in the use of BIM software including Revit and Navisworks, additional experience with Solibri, Sketchup, Synchro, CADmep, and AutoCAD desirable.
- Experience in data attachment and an understand of the processes and deliverables required as part of the delivery process for COBie data drops
- Excellent experience in running BIM coordination/clash meetings and producing reports.
- Excellent experience in managing 2D drawing output from models in line with a design
- Experience in producing BIM 4D sequence animations.
- Good understanding of mobile IT and in particular how mobile IT can be utilised on a construction site.
- Understanding of Digital Construction software desirable, including BIM Field 360 or other site management tools.
- Understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring and linking programmes to BIM.
- Understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements.
- Relevant CSCS Card
- A degree, or HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE