- Support Bid Managers/Solution Leads as directed and produce well-structured written responses to Clients’ requirements and agreed company solutions.
- Liaise and work closely with all members of the Contracting Team and the wider Support Services in developing and completing written responses for bids.
- Carry out relevant research and liaise with appropriate departments and specialists to obtain relevant information/details to allow written solutions to be developed and considered.
- Provide appropriate inputs to prequalification and tender submissions as directed.
- Attend bid solutions meetings as required.
- Provide support for the development and maintenance of internal bid processes as directed and gathering/updating evidence library as required.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that visibly underpins the company’s values and beliefs.
- Challenging existing protocols and practices where appropriate contributing to continual improvement for the success of tenders and overall company performance.
- To demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
- Ensure all issues and relevant information that is communicated is considered in developing and completing written solutions.
- Ensure written responses for prequalification and tender submissions are completed in a timely manner and that they are in accordance with agreed deliverables.
- Generate written responses that are completed to a high acceptable standard and are compliant, clear and customer focussed.
- Provide inputs to the lessons learnt process from involvement with previous submissions.
- Good standard and level of general education.
- Proven experience of producing written commentaries and solutions for prequalification and tender submission documents would be desirable
- Experience of working within the highway and civil engineering sectors or related industries would be desirable
- An understanding of operational and technical issues/considerations to allow the compilation of written solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities is desirable.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within an integrated team working environment.
- Ability to research and interpret information.
- IT competent.
- Graphic design skills would be desirable
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Flexible working attitude.
- Able to travel and work away from home as and when required.
- Industry knowledge is useful but not essential.
- Enthusiastic approach to continual development