We currently have a great opportunity for two Bid Writers to join our clients expanding Bid Team.
Experienced in bid writing, you will take the lead in producing compelling text and visual content to maximise their success in the new competitive market. This includes the co-ordination, production and submission of proposals to both existing and/or prospective clients, in written, presentation and electronic formats, together with e-tenders and e-auctions.
You will also be responsible for -
- Responding to formal tender enquiries in an efficient, timely and professional manner to maximise customer retention and win profitable new business.
- Producing high quality, compelling bids that set our client apart from its competitors.
- Working with members of the sales team to develop the optimum “sales pitch” for each opportunity, giving our client the best chance of winning and retaining business
- Undertaking regular reviews of our client’s bid documentation so that it remains current, relevant and compelling at all times.
- Contributing to our clients bid library of proposals, responses and documentation.
- Challenging self-standards to continually improve the quality and success rate of our client’s tender submissions and proposals.
- Reviewing tender requirements and identifying any commercial / business risk associated with customer contracts / terms and conditions
- Making bid / no-bid recommendations, taking into consideration issues such as credit risk, contract value, cost to bid, T&C’s / risk etc.
- Liaising with the Bid Manager and other key stakeholders to ensure bid decisions are made in a timely manner and in line with governance
Experience / Qualifications -
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be a persuasive writing expert
- Be creative and have a proven ability to set down text in a manner that is both visually appealing and compelling.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have proven experience in a competitive, commercial, bid/tender response environment, preferably with some experience of competition in the utilities sector
- Have a successful track record of producing compelling bid, tender and proposal responses
- Be adept at identifying commercial, operational and reputational risks and identifying mitigating measures
- Have a strong commercial background
- Be experienced in time / project management
- Have a sound understanding of sales and marketing principals and of features, benefits and the ability to differentiate offerings
- Have excellent organisational and influencing skills
- Be able to think strategically and analytically