We are looking for a Bid Manager to carry out bid management on large scale building projects in North and Midlands based in Cheadle.
As, Bid Manager, you will be:
- Formulating and agree bid strategy with senior management to secure profitable orders (to achieve bid targets as required by the business)
- Forming relationships with the customer or their representatives to develop clear understanding of their requirements
- Responsible for the establishment, management and maintenance of the approved bid budget
- Overseeing and leading the preparation, coordination and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure orders
- Attending key customer meetings and industry events (e.g. bidder open days)
Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous experience of managing bid services within the construction and engineering industry.
- Specialist experience in some business streams, e.g. PFI/PPP, Ground Engineering.
- Some understanding of the principles of framework procurement and experience within the most current forms of procurement.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. Customer centric in approach, with the ability to recognise potential opportunities in invitations to tender.
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant business. Good IT, maths and bid writing ability is a requirement.