BID AUTHOR – BASINGSTOKE
Our client designs, manages and maintains road networks and the public realm for local government clients. It exists to create great places to live, work and play. Whilst a leading player in this existing market, it is strongly pursuing further growth opportunities and re-modelling the way it delivers services with other operating companies and strategic partners.
Our Client is looking for a bright and energetic Bid Author to assist the work winning team in developing excellent quality submissions. This is a key element in the success of the Work Winning teams, reporting directly to the Proposals Director and will play a key role in the bid team.
- Producing effective, creative and persuasive written content
- Redrafting written content, produced by other team members, to ensure consistent message and identity
- Proof reading and editing
- Engaging with subject matter experts to provide content, on contract or externally
- Researching content
- Develop answer plans with bid manager and technical leads
- Work with other bid team members to produce written bid responses and presentational material in line with win themes, strategy and tender deadlines
- Assist in bid development and generation and production of successful tenders
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in writing skills
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Excellent written English language and literacy skills
- Good communicator and team player
- High attention to detail with excellent editing and proofing ability
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills to work in a pressurised environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Behaviour reflects the company values to Talk Positively, Collaborate Relentlessly and Encourage Constantly.
- A person able to work on their own initiative and enable completion of scheduled workload to meet priorities
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Probably degree level or equivalent in English or Journalism.
- Illustrator or in-design skills or a willingness to learn