About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their Major Projects team to work in Bristol
What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Carry out tasks as instructed by various members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team, such as measurement for valuations;
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions;
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the contract cost reporting system as directed by the line manager;
- Prepare cash flows for payments in and out;
- Assist in the preparation of accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value.
Who the client is looking for
- Have awareness of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry;
- Have the knowledge and understanding of commercial management of Construction projects and the construction process in general;
- Have the knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles;
- Have awareness of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance, Bonds and Warranties;
- Be proficient in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.
Why work for our client
- Day in, day out, our client’s teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.