Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor - Rail Plant
This is a excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor to join a tier 1 Rail Plant team based in Sandiacre, Nottingham.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor - Rail Plant, you will be:
- Preparing and implementing a project specific commercial strategy to ensure robust Cost Management and production of project monthly reports in accordance with the companies Rail reporting timetable.
- Ensuring measure and value is accurately and auditably measured in a timely manner to comply with financial guidelines.
- Ensuring a robust cost control & budget management through the implementation of commercial review processes in accordance with the GMCE's and Commercial Manual monitored via commercial dashboards.
- Ensuring contemporary Record Keeping is undertaken by the Project/Contract and are organised to enable retrieval and access as defined by the conditions of contract.
- Producing and maintaining “First Principle” detailed Forecast Cost to Completion underpinned by a fully resourced programme in accordance with GMCE requirements.
Experience / Knowledge
- An understanding of Contract Law and Insurances
- Working knowledge of differing standard forms of contract
- Working knowledge of risk management
- Effective negotiation skills – with internal and external customers
- The ability to provide contract advice to teams